Wednesday, September 19, 2012

About Me

Hi. 
My name is Keilah Johnson and I am the founder and owner of Little Hands Sign. 

I am a mother to five children, ages one to eight years. When I began my signing journey over seven years ago, my son was 10 months old. I was thrilled when he used his first sign, 'more.' In the next few months, he learned ten more signs and continued to communicate with sign language until he was three years old. The experience was so rewarding that I have continued to sign with each of my pre-verbal infants. 

Being able to communicate with my young children deepened the mother-child bond I had with each of my babies, and I don't think I will ever cease to be amazed by the magic that happens when my baby and I are able to "speak" to each other with our hands. 

After taking two American Sign Language courses, I realized that I wanted to help other parents, grandparents, caregivers, and loved ones have this same incredible experience with their children. Signing with your babies is such a simple and easy thing to learn and do, and yet it has profound and lasting effects! Research shows that signing with your baby creates less frustration, empowers your child, enhances early language skills, creates a deeper bond between you and your baby, and more! 

I look forward to meeting you and your little one and assisting you as you start the "Sign With Your Baby" journey. 

Kind regards, 
Keilah

No comments:

Post a Comment