Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where?!

Wow, where has the time gone?!

We are still signing.  Actually, we will always sign.  It is second nature for me now.  So much so that I sometimes sign to my friend's babies without thinking!  They have no idea what I am doing, but I'd love it if they did understand me!

Okay, back to us.  Elaina has learned quite a few signs this last month.
And while I want pictures to share on here, it is really hard to photograph a moving baby who is always headed to my lap. In other words, she fills the frame of my shot with her face if I'm not quick enough.

So, I'll share what poor shots I do have, and I'll have to enlist the help of Daddy sometime soon in getting some better shots.

I think I left off when Elaina learned to sign 'dog'.  That is, by the way, her favorite sign, and she often accompanies the sign with a 'woo, woo".  It's the new cutest thing ever.

The funny thing is she'll sign 'dog', make the woof sounds, then sign 'where'  (our neighbors have a dog that we can often hear, but can't see because of the wood fence that separates our yards).



Her first 'where' was pretty classic.  She'd hold her hands palm up and shrug her shoulders.  I think everyone know what that means.  But it's not the ASL sign for 'where'.

To sign 'where', shake your index finger back and forth 
and furrow your brows as if asking a question.  

Elaina has since moved on from the palm up/shoulder shrug to a twisted closed flat hand.
These are approximations. These are her baby steps in sign.  I'll keep signing the correct form and she'll get it soon!


1 comment:

  1. I was amazed on Sunday when I saw her sign several things. It is fun to see. What a great way to communicate with your little ones.

    ReplyDelete